Thursday, December 24, 2009

Displaced Christmas Eve

So it is Christmas Eve and we are in Palo Alto, CA. It feels weird; I grew up here and yet I now find Christmas without snow to be... wrong somehow. It is currently 61 degrees (16 for those of you in the world of Metric) and the skies are crystal clear. Hm. This wrong-ness is magnified by spending Christmas in corporate housing. Nothing like being in (essentially) a stranger's house in an odd city / state to make you feel ill at ease during the holidays. But we are finding ways to feel comfortable.

For instance, right now we have a house guest over. A good friend of my wife's that she hasn't had the chance to see in years drove up from Southern California to enjoy the 24th and 25th with us. I'm glad they can hang out during the Christmas season since my poor wife hasn't seen a soul she knows well (except for me) since July 30th. That is a LONG time to ask anyone to be detached from their peeps.

As for me, I'm excited to go to my aunt's house tomorrow for Christmas dinner. There is always a ton of good food and fun to be had there. But speaking of tons of food I just let my belt out another notch, making my waist officially 40 inches. I've packed on the pounds the 2nd half of this year. As soon as we are through the holiday feast zone(tm) I am back on Weight Watchers to return to 180lbs (~81kg for you Metric people again). I always feel better at 180. It'll likely take me about 1/2 a year but so the hell what; I've done it twice, I can do it a third time!

Have a good one people. Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment